Tuesday 29 May 2012

May 27th, 2012 Trial

So I had a trial on sunday, May 27th. I actually did not have any expectations AT ALL. I really didn't. So I went and found out what'd happen. It was our first outdoor trial of the year and my 4th overall outdoor trial... Shyloh did not do as well as I really thought she was going to. The first run was advanced gamblers, very very distracted and sniffy. I expected the sniffy for the first run.. On a positive note, she stayed in the ring the whole time and didn't jump over the SMALLLLLL fencing (not even fencing hardly) at all. She stayed in there, just very sniffy is all. So, NQ.

The second run was advanced standard. The run was a decent speed up until the weaves where she began to stress a tad, and then she weaved and picked up some nice speed after that so she jumped the dog walk contact (costing the Q), then I just goofed off on my handling and she ran past a jump so then I petted her and finished strong and fast :) NQ.

The 3rd run was steeplechase... So , I know not to do steeple ever because of the fact that Shyloh's just always been too slow in trials to Q steeple... Which SUCKS! Because she has so much potential. Anyways, I knew she wouldn't Q because of how bad the stress was at the weaves label and because just her overall speed wasn't enough on that day.. So I FEO'd the run and brought in a ball :) She did it amazing! She ran it in 37.18 seconds and that's the 2nd fastest of all the dogs in her height division! SO awesome! I wish she'd always run like that.

So the last run was masters jumpers. This was our first masters run EVER. She ran the course clean, but was 4 seconds too slow. She shut down 2 different times during the course and I know exactly what triggered it all, oh well close!


1 comment:

  1. If you're allowed to have a toy for FEO runs there, have you tried doing a whole trial of only FEO's with a toy in the ring? We can't have toys in the ring for FEO runs here, but if we could, I'd be doing whole trials with Psyche with a toy to try and work through her issues.

    I'm glad you have that good experience of running with a toy in the ring, happy and stress free!

    ReplyDelete